Google Live Radio will:
• broadcast news read by college student volunteers and by text to speech agents 24/7,
• use news compilation software to compose news items into 10-30 second sound articles,
• rotate, in a predictable sequence, news from the world, country, locale, including world, U.S. and local weather, as well as interest stories from various venues,
• stream the audio online through LiveRadio.Google.com,
• stream the text script onto the same site for reading and recording,
• stream the text script into a mobile app,
• allow sponsors to twitter message ads in at a reduced but lucrative advertising rate,
I’m convinced that GLR would be a hit for commuters and workers of all stripes and colors. That it would be a hit with the elderly too. That it could be very cheap to run especially once text to speech agents were fully vetted and approved by the FCC.
“This next world financial news minute brought to you by – Key Bank, who tweets: we are your local bank run by local neighbors with world experience in checking, mortgages and retirement advice.
“And now the world financial news:
Candy Crush Saga maker King plans US stock market debut. The developer of the popular mobile game Candy Crush, King, plans an initial public offering on the basis of its hit game Candy Crush Saga…
HomeBuilder confidence sinks in Februrary – U.S. homebuilders’ confidence in the housing market declined sharply this month as the severe weather battering much of the nation keeps many would-be buyers at home…
The time is now 1:40 PM, Friday the 24 of August.
Next up on Google Live Radio we have the top stories in science and technology. This news minute sponsored by Space.Com who tweets: Space is not only the final frontier, it is a great place to learn about your planet, your solar system and your universe. Visit us at Space dot com.
“Sounds” like a winner to me?
So how do I go about getting funding for such a thing?